Friday, September 6, 2013

A Loving Intro

Hi, everyone! I'm Brittany Hansen! 

I was married in May but still feel the tingles of new last name and am absolutely loving it! Spencer and I met at a piano lesson one day when I was around the age of eleven- or twelve-years-old. 


He was wearing a hideous pair of pajama bottoms and his dad's suit coat. Fast forward a couple years and we were completely covered in dirt on our stake pioneer trek. I was asked to bear my testimony and next thing you know, this Spencer kid likes me. Turns out he was cute and when I hit sixteen, we dated and dated and dated. And then he served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on the beautiful southeastern coast of Brazil and then he came home.

 

Can you tell that I love this story?
 

I also love hiking and the outdoors. I'm convinced that camping grounds people, literally and figuratively. I've played piano and violin ever since I can remember and thoroughly enjoyed my position at church as the primary pianist. I love literature. I am the reader that can find joy in just about any piece- which is why I have been really anxious to read Moby-Dick! Reading brings me home no matter where I am and I can't wait to participate in conversations that broaden our thinking and understanding of literature and its connection to the past and present.


2 comments:

  1. What a cute love story! You two seem made for each other. I too am anxious to read Moby Dick even though I've heard mostly negative things about it (that it's boring or difficult to understand or pointless). Yet, it has stuck around this long for a reason, right, so there must be something to it. Anyways, I'm glad you're in our group and am looking forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a great story. Especially the memory you have of what your husband was wearing when you first met him! I don't hear too many people say that they are able to find joy in just about any piece of literature. That's really commendable of you! I wish I could say the same for myself. Keep it up! I can't wait to get to know you better! This will be a great group.

    ReplyDelete