Friday, November 1, 2013

Curating Digital DIY

Using  Diigo, I have bookmarked many different types of media I have found through Google Blog Search that have helped supplement my reading of Chris Anderson's Makers: A New Industrial Revolution.

Anderson has three key components that make up the Maker Movement and I have curated content to further extend my understanding of the first: Digital DIY.

Digital DIY


In reading a post from Professor Michael MacDonald's blog, it lead me to Mozilla's new platform called Webmaker.
The website is really cool because it advocates, "We're a global community dedicated to teaching digital skills and web literacy. We explore, tinker and create together to build a web that's open and made by everyone."

The whole Digital DIY is focused on remixing content and creating new things and Mozilla's new platform is based on teaching others how to use the web to create.

On this website, I found +Amy Burvall, who is a remix artist that says, "Let’s foster lovely experiences and impromptu creativity on a global scale. Dare to make and share!" I added her on my Google Plus circle and have been looking into a lot of projects she has initiated on Webmaker. 

I also found found that many others are engaging in Digital DIY. The following documentary trailer is sponsored on Kickstarter and has already raised over $30,000. Anderson is featured in the following documentary and its popularity is evident that DIY movement is picking up and it's making some big impacts on the economy as people use available resources to develop ideas.





No comments:

Post a Comment