Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Video Book Review for "Grown Up Digital"

I just finished my video book review on Don Tapscott's book, "Grown Up Digital."

I've never done a video blog or book review before, so it was a new and interesting experience for me!

I'll be honest, I felt extremely awkward for the first 10 takes or so (I wish I could have made a blooper reel). I didn't want to have a set script I read off of, but the temptation was to then wander and go off on tangents about the book when I was reviewing it. I had to organize my thoughts and keep things simple. It wasn't too different from my written review, but I did discuss new things not mentioned in Goodreads. My biggest challenge was keeping it short and concise. I'm used to being told to have my book reviews or reports be a lot longer, so that was more difficult for me.

 I'm not skilled at all in making videos, so I felt disappointed that I wasn't able to create something with more visual appeal, but I worked with what I had…. even if that's a blank wall behind me.

By the end of it, I actually really enjoyed it. Aside from the initial awkwardness, I like being able to freely talk about a book as if in conversation.




No comments:

Post a Comment