Thursday, November 21, 2013

For Brittany's Do-It-Yourself Movement

So! I've been thinking about Brittany's project and trying to think of ways I could help out. I'm not much of a do it yourselfer, but I was wondering about some of the movements and how they impacted society. So, I hope this helps Brittany!

This is the blog I told you to look up in class: Design Mom

I also found an interesting article about the do-it-yourself movement and our modern understanding of masculinity and femininity: Mr. FixIt

Capitolism and DIY: Click here for information!!!

And I think this article is talking about the subjugation of women, which might be an interesting take on DIY, or even just a nice counterargument: Women

And this one is in support of people who are ill: Support

I hope any of this information helps. I'm not sure if any of it is in the direction that you're going for, but I also have lots of friends with really interesting pinterest boards that might be of some help. CraftsDIYSewing.

Good luck on your project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment