Monday, November 25, 2013

Outlets for Research

I have many ideas for outlets for my research on missionaries that come home early. Here are a few ideas:

1) Guest blog on an appropriate blog. This would probably be a blog like Times and Seasons or Forward Walking or any other blog that seems appropriate in the Mormon Archipelago.

2) Interview with a friend of a friend for a magazine/newspaper publication. My friend knows people who work for The Universe and a Utah Magazine (not sure which one). She said these people would probably love to interview me. Let's hope so!

3) I've already created a Twitter called @EarlyHomecoming. I don't actively use it yet, but it has a few followers. I plan to use it more once I launch my website.

4) Possibly Digital Humanities Now, but I'm not sure if my website is exactly what they are looking for.

And I think all of my teammates would benefit from submitting their papers to the Northwest Undergraduate Conference on Literature or Re: Humanities. I especially think Re:Humanities is looking for what they  have to offer. They'd have to hurry to make the December 1st deadline for Re: Humanities, but Re:Humanities does accept and consider late submissions. There is some travelling involved if they get accepted to one of these conferences, but it would be a fun experience if they could manage it!

No comments:

Post a Comment