Sunday, September 8, 2013

Introduction!

Hello, everyone!!
My name is Shelly Russon.... but soon to be Shelly Lystrup!

I am getting married next month! October 12th in the SLC temple and to say I am ready and excited is an understatement. My fiancé and I met on January 2nd on my first day teaching at the MTC this year. He was another teacher in my department and quickly became my closest friend and rock of support. We got engaged on June 8th, the day before my birthday. Thankfully, we're reached the downward slope of the engagement and I have become numb to discussions of luncheons, colors, announcements, etc. Make the madness stop! No one tells you how stressful it is to plan a wedding!

Let me share a little non-wedding info about me. I am a born and raised Californian. I am from the bay area, about 20 minutes south of San Francisco on the peninsula. I'm a senior at BYU. Last year I returned home from serving a mission in Dallas, TX (Don't worry - I rooted for BYU this weekend). I come from a pretty vibrant family: I am the second oldest of six. Three of us came from my parents and then my dad remarried and he and my stepmom had three together. The ages range from 27-4 years old. I love going home and having young siblings again. 


2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Shelly! I'm so excited for you... being married is the best! Good luck with all the planning! Don't worry, it's totally worth it. I'm also a Californian and it gets better because I'm native to NorCal as well! I'm excited to have you in our group this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I remember all of the planning involved with a wedding!! It sounds like you have things under control, but good luck with the last minute stuff! Brittany is right though, it's so worth it! By the way, your love story is super cute!

    Your family sounds like a lot of fun :). I'm excited to have you in our group!

    ReplyDelete