Friday, October 18, 2013

The Next Step

Okay... if you saw my last post regarding my early returned missionary project, I'm sorry. I got a little overwhelmed with everything. Starting over:

I found out yesterday that a website already exists to help early returned missionaries and their families.  The focus is more on helping the families help the missionary. It also has not been updated since August 2012. I want mine to focus on the missionary: talking directly to the missionary, that is. I would also like mine to look more professional.

So, here is what I have decided to do:

1) Create a prototype for my website in Adobe InDesign.
2) Have my husband help me either find an already existing template that fits this prototype, or have him teach me how to create the website from coding. He is more of a software practitioner than a web developer, so we may have to get outside help for this. We'll see what happens. I'd like mine to have a nice look. In fact, I'd like to base my design off of this website here.
3) Once the website is up, get some initial stuff up on it for readers. Have an email address they can write to for content suggestions/story submissions.
4) Advertise my website and the need for it by guest blogging on other popular Mormon blogs by using the Mormon Archipelago.
5) Organize all of my information into a Wiki.
6) Self-publish my book.

1 comment:

  1. This is really coming together! I love that you're doing this and think it is very important work. Good luck on getting everything set up and be sure to keep us posted! I'm not a returned missionary, but I would still be interested in reading about the final product.

    ReplyDelete